Category Archives: community

An Indian Cooking Class – Yum!

My mouth still waters and the smell of wonderful spices comes back when I think of this Indian cooking class. We all learnt some greatRead More »

St Georges Road Festival 2015

The second St Georges Road Festival was held this year and was just as wonderful as the last one! We are so blessed to live in a veryRead More »

Michelle and her plants made the Winter Sessions extra special

Michelle of Flourish you made the Winter Sessions Shepparton extra special with your plants and styling at The Vault the other night. WeRead More »

Eid celebrations in Shepparton

The other day I was very fortunate to join in the Eid celebration at SELC (the Shepparton English Language Centre). The music and joy isRead More »

NAIDOC Welcoming Ceremony and tour of The Flats – Mooroopna, Victoria

“We all stand on Sacred Ground: Learn, Respect & Celebrate” Happy NAIDOC Week NAIDOC stands for National Aborigines andRead More »

Burundian Independence Day – Shepparton

Drums and song resonated right throughout your entire body and your soul as did the happiness and peace in and around theRead More »

Nepalese friends

It has been so lovely to make new friends with this beautiful Nepalese family and also have time to take some photos with Buddha and hisRead More »

Nepal Earthquake Relief Fundraiser – Shepparton

Many different Shepparton communities joined together for Nepal. In a few weeks the Shepparton community raised over $17,000 for Nepal. WeRead More »

A little taste of Africa

Last weekend I enjoyed a little taste of Africa in Footscray, Melbourne at Emerge in the West . I’d wanted to go to this festival forRead More »