Category Archives: community

Burundian Independence Day – Shepparton

Drums and song resonated right throughout your entire body and your soul as did the happiness and peace in and around theRead More »

Nepalese friends

It has been so lovely to make new friends with this beautiful Nepalese family and also have time to take some photos with Buddha and hisRead More »

Nepal Earthquake Relief Fundraiser – Shepparton

Many different Shepparton communities joined together for Nepal. In a few weeks the Shepparton community raised over $17,000 for Nepal. WeRead More »

A little taste of Africa

Last weekend I enjoyed a little taste of Africa in Footscray, Melbourne at Emerge in the West . I’d wanted to go to this festival forRead More »

Shepparton Albanian Harvest Festival

The Shepparton Albanian Harvest Festival is the Shepparton Albanian Society’s largest annual event and has been running forRead More »

A celebration of cultures

Recently we celebrated Cultural Diversity Week and in the same week we celebrated with the Emerge festival (part of SheppARTon festival)Read More »

Pop Up Youth Art Space opens for SheppARTon festival

Yesterday I was inspired yet again by the youth of Shepparton at the opening party of the Bridge Youth Service Arts Pop Up Space as part ofRead More »

Our lives weave this way and that way just like the making of a ‘sister basket’

Our lives are woven in this direction and that direction ……. it’s a journey we weave I look at my ‘sister basket’  andRead More »

An English class empowering women at Wilmot Road Primary School

“They can be quite isolated from the Australian community without the language especially the Afghani ladies that have never been toRead More »