Category Archives: community

Eid celebrations in Shepparton

The other day I was very fortunate to join in the Eid celebration at SELC (the Shepparton English Language Centre). The music and joy isRead More »

NAIDOC Welcoming Ceremony and tour of The Flats – Mooroopna, Victoria

“We all stand on Sacred Ground: Learn, Respect & Celebrate” Happy NAIDOC Week NAIDOC stands for National Aborigines andRead More »

Burundian Independence Day – Shepparton

Drums and song resonated right throughout your entire body and your soul as did the happiness and peace in and around theRead More »

Nepalese friends

It has been so lovely to make new friends with this beautiful Nepalese family and also have time to take some photos with Buddha and hisRead More »

Nepal Earthquake Relief Fundraiser – Shepparton

Many different Shepparton communities joined together for Nepal. In a few weeks the Shepparton community raised over $17,000 for Nepal. WeRead More »

A little taste of Africa

Last weekend I enjoyed a little taste of Africa in Footscray, Melbourne at Emerge in the West . I’d wanted to go to this festival forRead More »

Shepparton Albanian Harvest Festival

The Shepparton Albanian Harvest Festival is the Shepparton Albanian Society’s largest annual event and has been running forRead More »

A celebration of cultures

Recently we celebrated Cultural Diversity Week and in the same week we celebrated with the Emerge festival (part of SheppARTon festival)Read More »

Pop Up Youth Art Space opens for SheppARTon festival

Yesterday I was inspired yet again by the youth of Shepparton at the opening party of the Bridge Youth Service Arts Pop Up Space as part ofRead More »