Category Archives: community

Shepparton Albanian Harvest Festival

The Shepparton Albanian Harvest Festival is the Shepparton Albanian Society’s largest annual event and has been running forRead More »

A celebration of cultures

Recently we celebrated Cultural Diversity Week and in the same week we celebrated with the Emerge festival (part of SheppARTon festival)Read More »

Pop Up Youth Art Space opens for SheppARTon festival

Yesterday I was inspired yet again by the youth of Shepparton at the opening party of the Bridge Youth Service Arts Pop Up Space as part ofRead More »

Our lives weave this way and that way just like the making of a ‘sister basket’

Our lives are woven in this direction and that direction ……. it’s a journey we weave I look at my ‘sister basket’  andRead More »

An English class empowering women at Wilmot Road Primary School

“They can be quite isolated from the Australian community without the language especially the Afghani ladies that have never been toRead More »

The ‘Paddock to Plate’ program at Bourchier Street Primary School, Shepparton

“We use the space to grow whatever we can and then use that produce to cook” Susan Parnell (teacher) “They get toRead More »

Mother Goose Program at St Georges Rd Primary School

Mother Goose is an interactive program between mothers and children through rhymes and songs held at St Georges Rd Primary School,Read More »

Sandplay Therapy at Gowrie Street Primary School

Sandplay therapy is a powerful tool used to help both children and adults during trauma and healing in an expressive way.  Symbols chosenRead More »

‘Threads of Colour’ – a multicultural sewing group

This is a photo study of a great little multicultural sewing group run by Kildonan Uniting Care in Shepparton. I invite you to take aRead More »