Perricoota Station 16th march 2013 – for ceremony, reception & accommodation
Celebrant – Kate Worsfold
Singing – cousin Kyrah Dillon, cousin and god-daughter Millie Dillon-Mckenzie, brother Luke Ryan, and Chris McDonald.
Music – Dillmac entertainment and Luke Ryan
Band – Not much up top
Flowers and decorations – Gemma’s Auntie Annie Dillon
Honeymoon – Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos
WORDS FROM THE BRIDE ……..
After being together for some ten years and a two year engagement we finally made it to the alter! After we got engaged we spent a long time looking for a venue without any luck, until Perricoota Station opened to the public. When we first visited Perricoota Station we fell in love and knew right away that this was the right place for us! We even booked it when the packing shed reception centre was literally a packing shed with machinery in it.
Although having a large family and friend base we still wanted the wedding to be relaxed and about us. We wanted to celebrate and share our special day with all our family and friends.Â Â Our rustic/old world theme went perfectly with Perricoota Station and we are both so happy and have so many wonderful memories of our wedding day. Although the lead up to wedding was reasonable stressful once the day came around we were both so relaxed and calm. The whole day went perfectly! Except for maybe the flies!
There were so many special moments during the day
– staying the weekend in the homestead
– laughter and happy tears
– we are so lucky to have had so many who helped make our day so special
– my beautiful bridesmaids! I had six because they are all so special to me and I wouldn’t change a thing because they were all so amazing and helped make our special day.
– our whole bridal party was amazing and special to us
– when I was getting dressed my mum, bridesmaids and I all had a laugh and a cry
– the moment when Heath and I met for the first time ( we chose to have our photos before the wedding) it was so special. The feeling I had walking down the stairs to meet him was pretty indescribable
– being walked down the aisle by mum and dad
– the first time Heath seen gemma
– the ski boat that drove up with its music during the ceremony!
– beautiful vows which were written personally by Heath and gemma
– beautiful readings by beautiful people so special to us
– Heath being pretty chuffed that I was the one who made a mistake during the ceremony!
– beautiful singing and music by people very special to us
– fun and love filled day with all our amazing family and friends
– beautiful speeches by all
– a cocktail style reception and a night of dancing and fun Heath and I both had the most amazing day and night.
– Â surprising everyone with a choreographed dance to you’re my best friend by Queen.
– most surprising of all is how I got Heath to do dance lessons!!
– again Heath being chuffed that I was the one who made the mistake in the dance!!
– an amazing reception centre so beautifully decorated and exactly how we wanted it with our rustic Australian theme.
– our wedding was a true reflection of ‘us’
There are two sayings/readings that we used in the wedding that I loved.
This is the day I marry my best friend,
The one I laugh with,
Don’t walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don’t walk behind me, I may not lead.
Walk beside me and just be my friend.